Button to start a new line in another sheet

JonnyBoy85

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone, I'm completely new to excel so I've been muddling my way through the internet to get where I'm at so far. Cant seem to find an answer to what I need. I'm hoping it can work and I haven't made it more difficult with the way I've done it so far. So in the first pic under QTY REMAKES are entered. You press the ENTER button. That just manually calculates it. The data from that sheet is copied over to the 2nd pic "Data" sheet. What I want to do is when I hit that ENTER button it will put the info into the next line on the "Data" sheet tab. and next line so on...

Hopefully someone can help, TIA

1.png
2.png

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
So when you enter any value into column D of sheet named Routers.
You want what copied to a sheet named Data.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I probably didnt explain it very well. The figures from F6 of sheet named Routers is copied to B2 on the sheet named data and the figures E6 of sheet named Routers is copied to the C2 named data. and so on.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I probably didnt explain it very well. The figures from F6 of sheet named Routers is copied to B2 on the sheet named data and the figures E6 of sheet named Routers is copied to the C2 named data. and so on.
So how does all the other data get copied to sheet Data.
Like how did the Date get entered in A2

Upvote 0
The date is copied from the Raw Data Tab. That's where the data for the QTY REMAKES is also pulled from.

In tab "Data" Columns - Result, W, D, L, TW, TD, TL, Total are all calculated from the Moved & Result columns.

If that makes sense

Upvote 0
You said:
The date is copied from the Raw Data Tab
What you copy that manually yourself?
You never mentioned doing that in your post. So you want a Vba scipt to do part of the job and you will do the rest some other way?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I didn't really think it mattered. Real noob here.

I just want the info to save onto the next line in the data tab every time I calculate it.

Upvote 0
I know your new to the forum and I wish I could help you.
But I'm not understanding what you want.
And your subject title says:
Button to start a new line in another sheet
I assume this means when you click on a button with a script in the button

But then you say:
I just want the info to save onto the next line in the data tab every time I calculate it.
Calculate it ???
And we need to know where to find all this data
Most of the data shown on the Data sheet is not shown on the Routers sheet
The only two sheets shown in your images

Upvote 0
Sorry I understand I'm not explaining it very well. I appreciate you trying to help me. So if it makes it any easier to understand what I'm trying to do. Basically when I input the data into the QTY Remakes column in Router tab. (I can do this manually or automatically, it makes no difference) It will change the result column to win, loss, draw and the points column to 3,1 or 0. Those cells are then copied to the the 2 columns in the data tab.

What I want it to do is basically every time I change the data I put in (QTY remakes column), it will copy the new results (Result & Points column) to the next line in the data tab?

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back