Buttons to create new rows for multiple tables on same sheet

bnoonan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Web
I have scoured the forums, and have come across a few options that are close to what I'm looking for. But, I'm beginning to think that its probably not possible.

I have a sheet that has multiple tables on it. Id like a button on each table that says "Add New Row". When you click on this, it will copy all of the formulas and drop-downs, and create a new blank row. The one thing that I know will be an issue with this is that as a new row is created for Table 1 (at the top), everything below it will shift down...including the buttons associated with the other tables.

Here is an example of what my sheet looks like, and where I was thinking the button placement would be:

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 11.43.01 AM.png

Thanks so much ahead of time for looking at this. If it's not possible, I totally understand. Honestly, the default method of Inserting a new row isnt that cumbersome. But I figured that adding a button would be pretty awesome.

and, as menthoned, some of the cells have formulas, and others are drop-down lists. Thus, formulas would need to be copied to the new row.

-Bobby

Hard to believe they would be so different but I don't know Macs. I am sure it is something simple.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back