Is there a way to create a table sort button that is separate from the table and doesn't use a macro?

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have some tables that I need to be able to sort 2-3 different ways on multiple columns. And sometimes I need to sort 2 separate tables. I would like a way to do this with on or more command buttons.

I know how to sort a table using the filter dropdowns or by right-clicking in the table. I also know how to create a command button connected to a macro using the record macro feature. Is there a way to do this without using VBA? Can I put a few statements in the command button?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Is there a way to do this without using VBA? Can I put a few statements in the command button?
Short answer: No
What kind of statements?
if you only want to keep your file macro-free then you can use the button to call a macro from another file (*.xlsm, add-in or personal.xlsb).

Upvote 0
Short answer: No
That's what I was afraid of

What kind of statements?
Simple things like sorting two different tables on multiple columns. Nothing conditional.

if you only want to keep your file macro-free then you can use the button to call a macro from another file (*.xlsm, add-in or personal.xlsb).
I just learned about the Lambda function that can store formulas for use anywhere in the workbook by a familiar name. I was hoping that I might be able to use it in a button.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back