calculate(countrows( "with a time"

gmazza76

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon,

I am trying to use current and past data to check call volumes between a set time frame and am having an issue as follows.

I can get the volumes from my data as per the DAX formula below per day, but I have now been asked to include a to and from time.
The formula from today is looking at the Monday of the current week which is great, but I am unsure how I would include the time part of the query.
My [Date] format is "13/12/2020 23:58:54" and I am unsure how to include the last part. I have seen time as "TIME(08,00,00)" but need some pointing in the right direction

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Data),filter(Data,Data[CallType]=All_Data[CallType]),All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3))

thanks in advance
Gavin

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
this may sound daft, but I need to be able to look at times between 20:00:00 and 08:00:00 of the following day.

Upvote 0
I think you'd just add something like:

OR(HOUR(All_Data[Date])<8,HOUR(All_Data[Date])>=20)

Upvote 0
thanks @RoryA,

The issue I have is that I need to go from 8pm the previous day to the 8am of the next day.
Unsure of how to amend the formula to look from 13/12/20 20:00 - 14/12/20 08:00

Would it be something like

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Data),filter(Data,Data[CallType]=All_Data[CallType]),All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3-1),or(Hour(All_data[Date]>20),
filter(Data,Data[CallType]=All_Data[CallType]),All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),or(Hour(All_data[Date]<08),

Upvote 0
I guess the filter would be something like:

OR(AND(All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)-1,Hour(All_data[Date])>=20),AND(All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Hour(All_data[Date])<08))

as the additional date and time criteria. So it's either the previous day and an hour >= 20, or it's the next day and an hour < 8.

Upvote 0
Sorry, does the "OR" take over the "calculate(rows" and if so what is the difference?

Upvote 0
I mean something like this:

Excel Formula:
=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Data),Data[CallType]=All_Data[CallType]),OR(AND(All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)-1,Hour(All_data[Date])>=20),AND(All_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Hour(All_data[Date])<08)))

Upvote 0
thanks for this @RoryA, but I am getting an error "The expression contains multiple columns, but only a single column can be used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression".

Current formula with correct columns in is as follows

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(All_Data),All_Data[Intent]=Previous_Week_Shift[Intents],OR(AND(All_Data[Call Start Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)-1,Hour(All_Data[Call Start Date])>=20),AND(All_Data[Call Start Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Hour(All_Data[Call Start Date])<08)))

Does it matter that the format of the [Call_Start_Date] is in "DD/MM/YY 00:00:00"
I do have this column split into 2 others [Date] & [Time] but to be honest google confirms everything to do with a date, but not with time.

thanks for the support and hopefully you will be able to give me the help to complete this

Upvote 0
Right, I have rechecked and the error seems to be the "AND" part as the calculation to this point works giving the correct figure if I rework it as

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(All_NLCS_Data),filter(All_NLCS_Data,All_NLCS_Data[Intent]=Previous_Week_Shift[Intents]),All_NLCS_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)-1,Hour(All_NLCS_Data[Time])>=20)

and in another column I do

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(All_NLCS_Data),filter(All_NLCS_Data,All_NLCS_Data[Intent]=Previous_Week_Shift[Intents]),All_NLCS_Data[Date]=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3),Hour(All_NLCS_Data[Time])<=07)

I get the correct figures, just not together by the look of it.
Is there a way to combine both in the same column?

thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, let's try a simpler alternative:

=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(All_Data),All_Data[Intent]=Previous_Week_Shift[Intents],All_Data[Call Start Date]>=today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)-1+TIME(20,0,0),All_Data[Call Start Date]<today()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),3)+TIME(8,0,0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back