EBoudreau

Board Regular
I'm looking for either a formula or VBA that can actively run and calculate something for me.

Here's the scenario:

I have a total number of items to be completed in D319:E319
I have a total number of items that have been completed in D326:E326
I have a total number of items that are remaining in D329:E329

The counts on those respectively change throughout the day.

Is there any way that it can be calculated every time that remaining number to be completed changes based on
the number of times it changed in the previous 24 hours to the most recent change to determine how many more days or 24
hours periods it will take to complete the rest?

I've attached a screenshot of where I'm pulling the numbers from. Basically I want to be able to calculate how many days left it will take to finish the stages remaining based on how many times that number drops in the previous 24 hours.

Does that question make sense?

Attachments

• Capture summary.PNG
    Capture summary.PNG
    59.4 KB · Views: 32

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Guess not. Disregard this thread.
Your last post is not a "solution". Please do not mark it as the solution.

Also, you might consider posting your sample range by using XL2BB instead of a screenshot. I believe it will be then easier to copy and paste for the helpers to try to solve the question.

Upvote 0
Your last post is not a "solution". Please do not mark it as the solution.

Also, you might consider posting your sample range by using XL2BB instead of a screenshot. I believe it will be then easier to copy and paste for the helpers to try to solve the question.
Just closing out the thread. I do not have the ability to post using that method.

Upvote 0
Sure. I understand.

Please just do not mark a post as the solution since there’s no solution and also there is no “close the thread” concept in the board.

Upvote 0
EBoudreau said:
Does that question make sense?
Yes, it does; however the information that you published are not sufficient to "time stamp" the progress of work and thus it would be impossible to estimate how many hours seem to be necessary to complete the work. The only estimation that can be done now is based on the average hours/item necessary "up to now"; with the published data, completed: 253 items in 443h:52m, thus 1h45m per item; still to be completed: 123 items, multiplied by 1h45m, thus 215h40m estimated to job completion

I don't know if my interpretation of the data is correct.
Anyway, if you share a sample worksheet with enough data I am sure that some help will arrive.
To share a file you have to use an external filesharing service; the easiest to use in my opinion is filedropper.com
After you upload your file you have to share here in the forum the download link that the server will provide you

Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronnyf85

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back