Calendar with Appointments in Excel

dosi5127

This is the end result I'm working towards if it's even possible:
I'm trying to create an excel doc where on one tab, I can list out various orders, along with ship dates and delivery dates, and on a separate tab have a condensed calendar showing several months, and the ship dates and delivery dates populate as appointments. Basically, I want a visual snap shot of when multiple orders for a single project are shipping and arriving so install timelines are more easily established. To then make it even more complex, it would be ideal that instead of having a calendar where you just specify year and it shows the 12 months of that year, I want to be able to specify what month to start on (for those projects that may start in September of one year and run through April of the next).

Here is my actual question:
There is an excel calendar called College Year Calendar, and while I can typically dissect an existing document to see how it works and then apply that to what I'm trying to do, I can't figure out how this works. Additionally, if I try and change any values, it doesn't seem to actually work. Can someone please explain how they were able to have appointments listed in one tab, and make it mark the calendar and populate the list of appointments for that day to the right? Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. I have been trying to utilize Google to find some answers on my own, but must not have the right search terms as I'm not finding any helpful results.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back