Can a spreadsheet have a GUI or be turned into an online form?

johnnybristol1967

Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi.. Im new here... thanks in advance for any help... (y):)

I will try to be as brief as possible, but its a little complicated.
My level on excel is probably intermediate...

About 10 years ago, with the help of somebody on a forum who was a bit of a genius with microsoft excel... i wrote a spreadsheet. Its an acoustics calculator for figuring out the the problematic frequencies in a room (the axial modes) based upon the inputing of three values. The length width and height of the room. Some of the mathematical equations used are quite complex as are the formulas in the spreadsheet...

What i need to do somehow is, make it so can fill in their room dimensions, hit go and just get the results... and not have to see the back end as it were... theres a lot of information on the sheet they dont need to see... something like a GUI.... or put it onto a website... or an online form. Somebody suggested i need to use a database program like access. I really dont know what to do and any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

John

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi.. Im new here... thanks in advance for any help... (y):)

I will try to be as brief as possible, but its a little complicated.
My level on excel is probably intermediate...

About 10 years ago, with the help of somebody on a forum who was a bit of a genius with microsoft excel... i wrote a spreadsheet. Its an acoustics calculator for figuring out the the problematic frequencies in a room (the axial modes) based upon the inputing of three values. The length width and height of the room. Some of the mathematical equations used are quite complex as are the formulas in the spreadsheet...

What i need to do somehow is, make it so can fill in their room dimensions, hit go and just get the results... and not have to see the back end as it were... theres a lot of information on the sheet they dont need to see... something like a GUI.... or put it onto a website... or an online form. Somebody suggested i need to use a database program like access. I really dont know what to do and any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

John
I'm barely any more than your level, but I understand how frustrating it is to get no replies!
Could you not open a new sheet and produce a 'form' so they input the dimensions? I did something like this years ago, 'though in truth I don't quite rember how I did it. But if I managed...
You could then simply hide the sheet with the data.

Upvote 0
Could probably do it on a userform.

Enter the value into textboxes on a Userfrom, these feed into a sheet in the background
Calculation are done in the background based on these entries and then fed back into the userform maybe

Upvote 0
Could probably do it on a userform.

Enter the value into textboxes on a Userfrom, these feed into a sheet in the background
Calculation are done in the background based on these entries and then fed back into the userform maybe
That's it! That's what I did!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back