Can Excel create a data-entry form?

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an Access database containing almost 700 record albums. I have about 15 neighbors who want at least some of them (takers). I know I can export the data to an Excel spreadsheet. Can I then have Excel convert that to a data entry form that I can send to the takers that they can use to indicate which albums they want?

I'm thinking of something like a PDF form that lists the album titles with a data-entry field where they can enter a priority number (1-10). The titles would be read only.

Something like this:

image.png

The titles and artist columns would be read only. Only priority box (P) would allow data entry.

It would be an added plus if the form could be sorted on that priority box.

If not Excel, is there another tool I could use?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I wonder if Microsoft Forms might be a good tool for what you need. As below, you can use a 'ranking' (or priority) data entry type - you simply drag the items in the order of priority and the items renumber 1 to X. Once you click submit, it adds it to a spreadsheet for you. You can send this out to multiple people. Is that what you wanted?

1627323044890.png

Upvote 0
I wonder if Microsoft Forms might be a good tool for what you need. As below, you can use a 'ranking' (or priority) data entry type - you simply drag the items in the order of priority and the items renumber 1 to X. Once you click submit, it adds it to a spreadsheet for you. You can send this out to multiple people. Is that what you wanted?
This might have promise. Just 2 concerns:

1. With almost 700 Albums, dragging to prioritize would be just a tad tedious. Is there a way to provide a priority field where they can enter a number from 1-10?

2. Do they have to have Excel installed for this to work.

Can you show me how you did that? Or point me to a link?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that will work, I'm afraid - unless you can find some way of restructuring the data/questions.

MS Forms is an online service designed for simple surveys, quizzes, polls, etc, so there is nothing to install. You just need internet access. You should check it out at: https://forms.office.com/ and play around with the different options.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrish

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back