Can I create the same relationship on multiple tables in one step in Power Pivot?

missinglina

Hi. I have one master table that has all inventory items and their vendor. Then I have many tables which represent specific orders that list varying numbers of items but these tables have no vendor listed and their item name varies from the master list . They have the item's ID number in common. I am creating a relationship between the orders and the master list of items to obtain vendor name, as well as to extract the item name from the master list. The problem I have is that it is very tedious to do it over and over again. All order tables have the exact same structure. Is there a way to tell Power Pivot that the relationship between all of them and the master list is exactly the same? Thanks for any suggestions! I have tried finding the answer but I must be asking it wrong or perhaps applying the wrong tool to begin with within Excel? (2016 version although 2010 can also be utilized)

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Thank you, Matt. I know realize that my order table are not exactly alike in structure b/c the header for the QTY column also happens to contain the order number. So as the order number changes, the header changes. So the column names for QTY all start the same but then change when they get to the order number. This must be why it can't automatically detect relationships? And to your point, I suppose I need bring down the order number into it's own column before I merge all orders onto one table b/c currently there is no other way to tell them apart except for the QTY column's order number. This is the name format of that column: "QTY PO 12345678".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back