astrodon

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
  3. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Using Windows 11 Laptop; Excel 365.

I have a working knowledge of RDMS and database theory and many years experience. I have watched numerous videos dealing with the creation of relationships between tables in a Star Schema configuration using Excel Power Pivot - not a mystery to me. However, I have found that the creation of relationships in no way actually creates a working relationship between the tables (1:N; 1:1) - it simply does not work. Obviously it does work - it just doesn't work for me. What is missing?

Often Excel gives warning a relationship needs to be created when there actually is one. Then an attempt to create the relationship, Excel further states "the relationship already exists..." Can't have it both ways, either it exists or it doesn't. Frustrating.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Trivial example:

1693099187110.png

Upvote 0
You know what they say about Assume. I am not sure how to explain the mistake (ASSUMPTION) I was making. it's not until a field is placed in the values section of the pivot table that then data is properly parsed. Kind of embarrassing actually. I was assuming because all 83 deed recordings were showing under each PCGroup (before adding values) that the relationships weren't working. <Sigh> Bozo...

1693134239280.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back