Can sub routines be performed in Excel

mesteptoe

Board Regular
Many years ago I wrote some structural analysis programmes in BBC Basic. I still use them but the hardware is now getting old and I am worried that, if it packs up, so do my calculations. The calcs. in BBC Basic include many subroutines which, basically, run the same calculation numerous times on an iterative basis until a solution is found, e.g. the highest point on a curve, the lowest point on a curve etc. etc.. This use FOR 1 to 300 and NEXT statements. Once a figure is obtained it might well be used by another part of the programme. The programme is also interactive, allowing me to choose a suitable timber beam for instance from a selection that the programme has listed as satisfying all the stress criteria. Once I specify a joist size the programme continues and provides a detailed calculation, based on the section size chosen.

Can Excel be programmed in this way?

Any help/ guidance much appreciated.

Graham

Thanks Delmar but what do you mean about putting Code tags around code? Sorry but I am new to this forum.

Graham

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillmit

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back