Can this be done? mail to not go out on a predefined date i

winrz

Board Regular
Many thanks to those that have taken the time to answer my other questions out there.

I have a simple linear timeline set up with conditional formatting set to change the bar from green to red as the days progress.

What i would like to do - is automatically send a reminder email (subject only) to a recipient(s) when the due date comes for a handful of tasks so they wont forget. BUT, if they click a macro button under the task - indicating that the task has been completed - the email will NOT be sent. is this possible? I am not positive on writing the code to generate an email but i am getting bits and pieces here and there. what i dont know is how to stop a process from triggering.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I use the DoCmd.SendObject to do emails in an access form. You can set up "If/thens" or what ever within the VB code. I've not done any VB in excel but if you think this might work I'll send you what I did

Upvote 0
OK i created an email from within excel. Now my only question is - how do you trigger the email macro on a given date and interrupt it if a macro button is pushed? sorry about the Excel 101 questions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back