Can this be done? Several workbooks updating information in one "master workbook"

bergvall88

Hi!

At the moment we are collecting order statistics that is put in a single workbook from different departments. The data is seperated to seperate workbooks which contains information related to different deperments. They then make comments and and edit information in their own seperate workbook. Each row have their own unique index number.

At the moment I manually copy-paste everything back and fourth. I am wondering if it is possible to write a macro that opens each other workbook (or maybe more preferably the one you choose) and then looks for the index number and then replaces cells or the entire row in the master workbook with the information from the other different workbooks.

Seperating the information in the firts place I have done using Query.

Any thoughts about this setup and if its even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Fredrik Bergvall

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon_Al

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...