Cannot get formula for Weight Watcher Points Plus to work

vkirchner

Firts let me say thank you for any help you can lend, I am not an Excel expert by any means. Just a simple noob that can add a few number together or simple math calculations. I am trying to use a formula to calculate Weight Watcher Points Plus for my Wifes website, she is getting ready to go online with her cookie business and we would like to display the older Weight Watcher Points and also the newer Plus formula results that started in 2011.

The formula provided is as follows as supplied by Wikipedia.

6f114445f1910be8b63401ec1be20cbe.png

Which is also displayed as:

pp =max{ round( [ (16xp) + (19xc) + (45xf)- (14xr)] /175), 0}

pp - Weight watchers points plus
p- Protein
t - Carbohydrates
f - Fat
r - Dietary fiber

My cells for the values are:

Protein - D26
Carbohydrates - F26
Fat - G28
Fiber - M26

When I type in the formula as provided, it stops immediately at the MAX stating that I have an error and to look at the help documents which unfortunately is not a help to me. I am using Office 2010 version in case that make a difference in the functions. I would appreciate any help with this.

Regards
Vince

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
The problem is that max doesn't make sense to use in your formula. Max brings back the highest value of 2 or more numbers. So the max of 5, 10, 15 is 15. Now your formula before it reaches the max part only has 1 number. That is why you get an error.

Upvote 0
brilliant_lg.jpg
The formula works, thank you very much. The values are higher than previous point values, if I was counting the point values, I think I would use the old system to get more to eat, I hope their total points for the day also went up. LOL! Again gentlemen, thank you.

Upvote 0
I agree that there is no need for the MAX in that formula, but MAX is happy with just one argument.

Upvote 0
I think the MAX is there to protect against negative values deriving from high fiber items.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back