cannot unlink worksheet from another workbook

buroh

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am now getting annoyed.

I had a query in another workbook, and I copied the query to a new workbook, but the table the query is linked too does not exist in the new work book. I deleted the query and created a new one, but when I put in the current.workbook formula, it brings up the query with link to the non-existent worksheet, and I looked everywhere and I cannot find a link to the workbook with that worksheet in it.

Any help please?

Under Data and Show Queries would show a window on the right and display any external queries you have. In the Connections Group There is a Connection button that would also list external Links

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Under Data and Show Queries would show a window on the right and display any external queries you have. In the Connections Group There is a Connection button that would also list external Links

I already know about this and nothing to show

Upvote 0
My last option is Formula Auditing and Trace Precedents

Upvote 0
I already know about this and nothing to show

I deleted the query and when I saved the workbook and reopened it, I get the message below, which has been the same message I keep getting.

pop-up box.JPG

If excel is showing NO linked workbooks or linked cells and I have deleted the Query, why am I still getting this message?

Upvote 0
Is the sheet in the state of VeryHidden which you can only get to via the VBA screen and adjust the property of the sheet to show it.

Upvote 0
Is the sheet in the state of VeryHidden which you can only get to via the VBA screen and adjust the property of the sheet to show it.

nope. sheets were hidden, but not hidden now when I saved and reopened the workbook, still get the same issue.

I use VBA macros but this for userforms and buttons.

Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by a query that you copied from another workbook?

Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by a query that you copied from another workbook?

As in, I had a query saved in another workbook and copied the worksheet with the query into a seperate workbook

1596467298862.png

so the Data worksheet as in the image has Query1, I copied it to another workbook.

Attachments

• 1596467211173.png
    1596467211173.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back