Cell Row Height auto-sizing - Excel 2013

Chrisdudley7

I am sure this is a problem for a lot of people - you create a cell, type some stuff into it and even though text wrapping is on, the row height does not resize based on the cell contents. It is not a big deal but it gets to be a pain to stop what you are doing and click and drag the row height to be larger/deeper.

What I am looking for is a way, or enable an option that can, make it so no matter how much I type into a cell, it just autosizes without me doing anything as far as text wrapping/shrink to fit cell contents/manually setting the row height. I think word has a feature that enable this.

I feel like in the past I have done some doing autofit / autosize cell contents but it's hit or miss - if anyone knows why it is hit or miss, that might also give me a lead on this one. Usually, I go for the work around where after I have typed or loaded my text cell contents into a bunch of cells and perform a text wrapping, drag down the rows to highlight everything, then I double click in between two rows - somehow it knows I want it to shrink around the text cell contents - like when you microwave frozen, plastic-wrapped pot stickers in the microwave.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Just a suggestion you could do something with VBA I found on the board searching "Dynamically resize row height"

With this code the larger the range to longer it takes and I put it under thisworkbook which took longer but you could just have it under the sheet you want !

Public Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Range("a1:z60000").WrapText = True
Range("a:z").EntireRow.AutoFit
End Sub

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back