Cell value dependant on shared text between multiple workbooks

osaben

Board Regular
I would really appreciate some advise on how to populate cells in worksheet #2 by matching multiple cells in worksheet #1. Worksheet #1 is my "source" data.

Here is Worksheet #1:

1579036095786.png

In worksheet #2, Only when cells B1 & B2 match worksheet Rows #1 #2, Then match worksheet #1/column B with Worksheet #2 /column A and return the sum.

Here is Worksheet #2:
1579036664465.png

The result should be that on worksheet #2, Restricted cash =337, Cash = 332 & Investment =422

I really don't know how to do this. I have tried few things, but nothing seems to work. My thoughts were that Worksheet #1 will be my "source file" where i kept track of accounts, monthly balances & YTD balances and then Worksheet two will be populated with amounts dependent on the text I enter I'm B1 & B2.

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
UPDATED INFO -- If believe that the code if I was ONLY trying to match worksheet #1/column B with Worksheet #2/ column A would be:

=SUMIFS('Worksheet#1'!J:J,'Worksheet#1'!$B:$B,$A3)

I am still just struggling with how to add the additional match of Worksheet#2 B1:B2 with Worksheet #1 row1 & row2.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
How about
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$B$4:$B$13=A3)*(Sheet1!$D$1:$J$1=$B$1)*(Sheet1!$D$2:$J$2=$B$2)*(Sheet1!$D$4:$J$13))

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply Fluff! This solution worked and now that I see it, I understand the logic. Thank You.

I do have one more follow-up question that I hope that you can help with. There is a good chance that the number of rows and columns in worksheet#1 will change. Any thoughts on how I could adjust the ranges in the formula to accommodate additional account rows and addition monthly/YTD total columns?

1579097484249.png

Thanks again. Have a good day.

Upvote 0
Change the final row/col to match what your data might come to, but don't overdo it otherwise it will get very slow.

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$B$4:$B$200=A3)*(Sheet1!$D$1:$Z$1=$B$1)*(Sheet1!$D$2:$Z$2=$B$2)*(Sheet1!$D$4:$Z$200))

Upvote 0
My pleasure & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back