Cell value used to input a LETTER in another cell.

JDSOuth49

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am having issues completing this formula:

=IF(S15<=7,E15=N, IF(S15>=8,E15=Y,0)

Purpose:

• When cell (S15) is less than or equal to 7, I want an “N” to be placed in Cell (E15).
  • When cell (S15) is greater than or equal to 8, I want an “Y” to be placed in Cell (E15).

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(S15<=7,"N","Y")

Upvote 0
Solution
Purpose:

• When cell (S15) is less than or equal to 7, I want an “N” to be placed in Cell (E15).
  • When cell (S15) is greater than or equal to 8, I want an “Y” to be placed in Cell (E15).
What about between 7 and 8? or S15 will always be an integer?

Upvote 0

Fluff,​

Thank you for the formula, Yes it works.
But please forgive me< I forgot to include the following in my original statement:
Cell E15 has a dropdown list and if a formula is placed in it the list goes away (I have been told that the "LIST" needs to stay)
1713022703861.png

Upvote 0
What about between 7 and 8? or S15 will always be an integer?
Cubist,

I did not think of that. The numbers represent time hrs. worked in a day (at 30 minute increments), So it could be 7.5 and it would still need to return "N"

Great question.
But please forgive me as I forgot to include the following in my original statement:

Cell E15 has a dropdown list and if a formula is placed in it the list goes away (I have been told that the "LIST" needs to stay)
1713022703861.png

Upvote 0
Cubist,

I did not think of that. The numbers represent time hrs. worked in a day (at 30 minute increments), So it could be 7.5 and it would still need to return "N"
Slightly modify the formula @Fluff provided from <=7 to <8.

Great question.
But please forgive me as I forgot to include the following in my original statement:

Unclear about your request. You want the it to auto-populate cell S15 but also give them the option to change between Y/N?

Upvote 0
Slightly modify the formula @Fluff provided from <=7 to <8.

Unclear about your request. You want the it to auto-populate cell S15 but also give them the option to change between Y/N?
Cubist,

Correct, I idea was to place the in an adjacent column and cell, so that if the formulas are true it will simply place a "Y" or "N" in cell [E15] without it effecting the list that already exists. or is that even possible?

Upvote 0
It's doable with VBA with a cell-change trigger but not formula as Fluff stated. When you enter a value in S15, it can insert Y/N into E15 based on the condition. Is VBA something you want to pursue?

Upvote 0
It's doable with VBA with a cell-change trigger but not formula as Fluff stated. When you enter a value in S15, it can insert Y/N into E15 based on the condition. Is VBA something you want to pursue?
Thank you for the information and Help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back