Center Across Selection Issue in Web App.

Z01NK5

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am creating a scheduler in the Excel desktop app that uses custom Cell Styles to change the color of cells formatted for specific types of appointments. The desktop app version is then uploaded to Microsoft Teams. I know there are better ways to schedule appointments, but I work for a state agency and the scheduler needs to be viewed in two separate offices, and the state is not going to purchase a scheduling tool for these two offices alone. The reason we use Excel in Teams is that we need the scheduler to be viewable by both offices and to be live.

The issue I am trying to correct by using Cell Styles is that the scheduler is getting muddled with the appointments being entered with the wrong color, folks don't always merge cells, and other weird things that people do because they don't know how to use Excel. Below is a pic of what the schedule currently looks like with folk's names to the right on each row (not pictured for obvious reasons). You can see how difficult it is to read and this is actually a good day.

1711572318190.png

The picture below is of the schedule I have created in the desktop app. With things lining up properly and looking good. I used Cell Styles with Center Across Section selected in the Alignment tab to fill the selected cells for appointment times.

1711573622935.png

The picture below is of the schedule in the web app. This issue only occurs when appointments are back to back in the same row. If there is a cell in between, this issue does not occur. In-Person and Virtual are supposed to be separate cells in the example below as well as Project and Meeting. The cell style colors format properly just not the Center Across Selection formatting.

1711573679238.png

I wanted to remove the ability for folks to merge cells or be able to edit cells outside of the scheduling area, so I have the sheet protected and have set up each range that I want to allow to be edited with Allow Edit Ranges. I want to use Cell Styles because I can format the thicker Boarder for each style and choose a Fill color for the different types of appointments. In the desktop app, everything works perfectly but in the web app, I get the issue above. I have noticed that this issue sometimes corrects itself when you format cells below the affected cells, so I am pretty sure this going to just be a glitch with the web app.

This is how I currently have the custom Cell Styles formatted in the Alignment tab. I also have the Normal cell style formatted with the same formatting as the custom Cell Styles except the Fill color is none. I have tried several variations of this format with Center Across Selection being the only formatting that I kept the same and I wind up with the same issue.

1711575104281.png
1711575496387.png

I know this issue may not be unresolvable with the current setup due to restrictions with the Web App, but if anyone has any ideas or workarounds that would be great.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back