Corried

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello Excel World.

I'm in the process of creating a 3-Color Scale "Heat map", using conditional formatting for investment purposes.

But I am having some challenges in creating the heat map, because each data carries there own unique values and may differ extremely from each other.

See Link below, of countries listings and the values outline under the header "LAST"

I also thought with myself. If the heat map should work effectively, each value or each cell reference should have there own heat map values.

But what is the effective way in creating these values or heat map ratio.

See link below of one of the example given.

In conclusion.
What is the best direction to create this?
What are your experiences if any?
How do you want me to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
do you want data and you will create map by yourself?

heaterdata.png

heaterdata1.png

Upvote 0
"do you want data and you will create map by yourself"?

Yes. I will want data.
And yes. I will like to create map by myself... The problem is. I am looking for some guidance to create the heat map as each categories values are very different.

What do you recommend me to do?

Upvote 0
do you want data from all countries at once?
it will be a bit complicated because the same data (except values) for different countries are at different tables, eg. Table1, Table2, Table3
but you can try Power Query (Get&Transform) as you can see on the pictures in my previous post

Upvote 0
Thank you for your swift reply. I am graceful for someone who have a similar requirements like mines .
For example:
If we look at your image. The header; "Consumer Confidence". We can see Albania have a value of -13.6 and Belgium value is -8.

Example:
Albania’s consumer confidence index decreased to -13.6 in the last quarter of 2019 from -12.3 in the previous three-month period. It was the lowest reading in consumer morale since the first quarter of 2015, as expectations over the next 12 months worsened regarding financial situation (6.1 from 7.8 in Q3); general economic situation (4.0 from 6.5); savings (-44.4 from -43.6) and major purchases (-52.3 from -49.0). On the other hand, expectations about unemployment (1.5 from 5.4) improved. Consumer Confidence in Albania averaged -12.27 points from 2003 until 2019, reaching an all time high of -6.30 points in the fourth quarter of 2011 and a record low of -19 points in the fourth quarter of 2004.

Example
Belgium's consumer confidence indicator dropped 2 points from a month earlier to -8 in December 2019, as consumers have become more pessimistic about macroeconomic developments in Belgium (-17 vs -14 in November). In addition, households are expecting a rise in unemployment over the next 12 months (11 vs 7) and deterioration in their savings (-5 vs -1) while they expect the same for their financial situation (-2). Consumer Confidence in Belgium averaged -7.15 Percentage Points from 1985 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 16 Percentage Points in August of 2000 and a record low of -28 Percentage Points in January of 1985.

Each country "Consumer Confidence" matrix are different. How can I customize the heat-map format to compliment each country data?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it was an example
you need to say which table you want to use
each country has almost the same number of tables on its page. I can show you how to download data, but for example Albania - Table2 and Canada - Table1, so this is a problem.
You can transform data in PowerQuery Editor but I don't know what you want to do.
here is an example

you can change country via DV dropdown (blue small table) then refresh green table (right click and select refresh)
but if you choose eg. Vietnam or Canada you will get error because of different name of the table, incompatible with eg. Albania or Belgium

but you didn't answer for this
do you want data from all countries at once?

Upvote 0
Thank you again for your response. I am sorry for not been clear. The example photo below is what I want.
I want 3-Color Scale "Heat map", using conditional formatting for investment purposes.
The heat map is to show each country's strength and weakness by using the color coding.

The problem here is this. The color code seems not to represent each country correct value because. Each country chart requirements are unique or different.

How can I fix this?
heat.PNG

Upvote 0
as I said I can help with the data not with the logic, but what you will do it's up to you
example

maybe use Range to define your tri-color ?

Upvote 0
Do you have any recommendations of who can help me with the heat map?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back