Change default file format/ extension in save as dialog box

KEITHH

We're about to move to Office 10 from Office 2003. We have certain files which will always need to be saved as .xls as they are used to upload into our financial system.
Can anyone help with code to change the default file format in the save as dialog box so that the user doesn't have to remember to do so before saving the file.
Thanks

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Click Options on the File tab. In the Save category, under Save workbooks, in the Save files in this format box, click the file format that you want to use by default.

Upvote 0
Andrew,
will this set the default for the workbook (and only that workbook) for all future saves by any user?

Upvote 0
OK, to clarify what I need.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The files in question are used for journal uploads which can be submitted by a number of users. The procedure is to save a copy of the file, enter the journal data and upload.
Users will not want to change their file format default to .xls as other work should be in Office 10 format so I want to be able to change it temporarily with VBA when saving the copy of the workbook.
I assume that I can do this with a BeforeSave event but am unsure of the code required.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back