Changed Word/Outlook view

Sin_Tax

Hi Evryone,

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Windows downloaded an Office 2003 update this morning on my Computer and since then the views where the icons are on MS Word and MS Outlook have changed.

The top part of the page in MS Word and Outlook (where the icons are) used to be in blue and now it has the same look as when you hit Alt-F11.

I know it sounds la little silly but its been driving me nuts all day (I WANT MY BLUE!!)

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I'm afraid I can't really figure out what you mean. Could you post a small screenshot of the area?

Upvote 0
Oh, ok. That is nothing in the programs themselves, that would be a display setting on the computer.

If you right-click anywhere on the desktop, click Properties, then the Appearance tab. Did your settings somehow get changed to 'Windows Classic' style instead of 'Windows XP style?'

Upvote 0
Just checked, its set to Windows XP Defaul, Blue.

The funny thing is that the Outlook homepage is in Blue but when I hit reply to an email thats when I get this "traditional" look.

Sorry about posting the pics here, I will make sure to post the links to the pics in the future.

Upvote 0
Just checked, its set to Windows XP Defaul, Blue.

The funny thing is that the Outlook homepage is in Blue but when I hit reply to an email thats when I get this "traditional" look.
That is something I've never seen. Hrm...

Sorry about posting the pics here, I will make sure to post the links to the pics in the future.
I changed it simply because the images were too large. If it's a small image there should be no problem with displaying it :)

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I can't really seem to find much on this, other than checking the display settings. Have you tried (re)setting the display to the default XP theme? Back in the Display dialog, the 'Themes' tab should have an option of 'Windows XP' in the list. If you select that and apply it, it should set the display back to the default.

The only other thing I can think of is to tweak the colors manually, and sometimes that's more of a pain than anything.

The only other thing I found was this:
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-bac...t-office-2003-in-3rd-party-windows-xp-themes/

Upvote 0
I changed the theme to windows xp default and that fixed.

Dont know what caused this inthe first place.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back