Changing table data

Lefty099

Hi all, a hopefully simple one for you.

I have a report which changes daily. That report is linked to sheet 1 on my spreadsheet. I want to transfer the data from sheet 1 column D to Sheet 2 column B automatically.

Once this is done I want to be able to manually type something into column C and everytime Sheet 1 updates, that manual typing stays relevant to its row.

eg. Sheet 2 D4= Hammer E4= $24.99
D5= Spanner E5= $12.99

Data updates overnight...

Sheet 2 D4= Hammer E4 = $24.99
D5= Screwdriver E5 =
D6 = Spanner E6 = $12.99

Same deal will need to apply if something gets sold and not on the list. eg, hammer gets sold. List would then need to be

Sheet 2 D4 = Screwdriver E4 =
D5 = Spanner E5 = $12.99

The inventory list will change every day, so I need anything I type into column E to be locked to the same row as the product it relates to.

I have no VBA experience so this is over my head.

I really hope this makes sense, so thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
the inventory on sheet 2 cols D and E updates daily

is sheet 1 sales of items ?

Sheet 1 is a full inventory list. If new stock comes in the list grows. If the stock level becomes 0 the list shrinks. The sales comes from a different sheet using vlookup.

Upvote 0
So column d upates on sheet 1. When i manually type something in column e i need that to be relevant to the cell/product beside it. If the product in d moves up or down a row or 5, i need column e to move with it.

Upvote 0
so if one row is 5 oranges, and you sell 5 oranges, you want the oranges row in inventory sheet to disappear ?

Upvote 0
Hi brewer, sorry if I hadnt explained it well enough I will try again and use some demo tables.

Sheet 1 is a full inventory report that updates each night when the business closes.

example 1 - Monday morning the inventory level is like this... Column B adn C are updated automatically off the report, Column D is a manual input of where the products are located

Sheet 1
ABCD
1ProductQty
2APPLES4
3ORANGES5
4PEARS2
5BANANAS6

<tbody>
</tbody>

During the day on Monday, we sell 1 apple, 5 oranges, 2 bananas and get 9 pears into stock.

So Tuesday Morning the inventory report looks like..

ABCD
1PRODUCTQTY
2APPLES3
3PEARS11
4BANANAS4

<tbody>
</tbody>

Column B Transfers across to Sheet 2 and adjusts accordingly. And using Vlookup I am obtaining all other information I am needing from that report. The issue is on sheet 2 I have a column in which I manually type in the location of the products. (Column C below)

Sheet 2 example Monday Morning

ABCD
1PRODUCTQTYLOCATION
2APPLES4SHELF 1
3ORANGES5SHELF 2
4PEARS2SHELF 3
5BANANAS6SHELF 4

<tbody>
</tbody>

The issue I am having is that when the oranges disappear off the sheet 1 report my sheet 2 ends up looking like this...
ABC
1PRODUCTQTYLOCATION
2APPLES3SHELF 1
3PEARS11SHELF 2
4BANANAS4SHELF 3
5SHELF 4

<tbody>
</tbody>

Cell C3 which was relating to the Oranges has not changed.
It is removing the Data that is referenced off sheet 1 but it is leaving the manual data in place, which is giving me incorrect locations.
What I need it to do is move column C sheet2 up or down relevant to column A...

example of what I need sheet 2 to end up like...
ABC
1PRODUCTQTYLOCATION
2APPLES3SHELF 1
3PEARS11SHELF 3
4BANANAS4SHELF 4

<tbody>
</tbody>

Any new products that appear should have a blank cell in Column C, and if a product disappears from column A, I need the entire Row contents relating to that product to disappear with it.

I sincerely hope this makes a bit more sense now. It is frustrating me to no end as I have used spreadhseets in the past where this happens and when it does, it is a great inventory control tool.

Thank you so much again for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back