kescco

Board Regular
A
B
C
D

<tbody>
</tbody>

I am looking for an effective VBA solution to change B to 3 if D is either 5, 6, or 7.

My actual spreadsheet is different but I am trying to get the functional argument. I will change the VBA
accordingly if someone can help.

Thank You,

KESCCO

Thanks so much to both of you. This will really help me with a project I have been working on for weeks.

May I ask if you think it is possible to add another Column to the code presented? While examining my project, I realized I am going to need to be able
to do a change based on values in two columns.

A B C D
1 2 3 4

I need to be able to say if C & D are 3 & 5 for B to change. In fact, there are three vaiables in real life.

If C is either 1000, 2000, and 3000 and B is 20, 60, or 10 I need to change B to 311FA.

I know this is complicated and I understand if you do not have time to help any further. Maybe I can post it
with an attached graphic in another post to make it easier to understand.

Once again, I appreciate all your help already. It is appreciated.

Kescco

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
So, adjusting for different variable name lengths, optional arguments that I included and the range .Value property that I included we have a two very similar looking codes that differ by 6 characters in written form and for my testing up to about 10,000 rows showed no discernible speed difference. So not much difference at all really as far as I can see. :)
Six characters is six characters... sound significant to me. :LOL: By the way, we can both save some characters (you more than me) by calculating the Column B range address this way...

AddrB = Replace(AddrD, "D", "B")

Upvote 0
I need to be able to say if C & D are 3 & 5 for B to change. In fact, there are three vaiables in real life.

If C is either 1000, 2000, and 3000 and B is 20, 60, or 10 I need to change B to 311FA.
What happened to the Column D values in that second line? Also I don't see how the "3 & 5" relate to the "1000, 2000 and 3000".

Upvote 0
By the way, we can both save some characters (you more than me) by calculating the Column B range address this way...

AddrB = Replace(AddrD, "D", "B")
We could do that, but I wouldn't do it because it's shorter. I might do it because it is faster, though if I decided to change for that reason I might go for the longer but marginally faster again:
Code:
Dim lr As Long
Dim AddrB As String, AddrD As String

lr = Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp).Row
AddrD = "D2:D" & lr
AddrB = "B2:B" & lr
Still only takes one copy/paste from the forum ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back