Chart Quest...very stupid

Flue

Board Regular
Morning all. I'm sure this is a dumb a$$ question, but I am unable to come up with an answer, nor am I able to find one. :confused:

I have a 4 series Column Chart. I wish to use one series for a trend line. I can create the trend line, but how do I get rid of the column used for the trend with out removing the trend line?

I would then end up with 3 columns and 1 trend line. Right now I've got 4 columns and one trend line.

Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Right click the series and choose Format Data Series. On the Patterns tab set Border and Area to None. You can also remove the legend - click twice so that the entry is selected and press Delete.

sulakvea

a workaround - pick None for both Border and Patters of that bar thats extra, after adding a trendline to it.

then select the label for that bar, and delete it. no one will know there used to be an extra bar on the chart.

P.S. or do as Andrew said :)

Last edited:

Flue

Board Regular
ah...thanks. I was setting border and area to the same color as the chart area, but that Left breaks in the major axis lines.

See, told ya it was a dumb a$$ question.

I think I like adding an average line to the chart better, but it's more steps for the macro. I'll play with both and see which codes better.

Thanks again.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McGuilliam

This Week's Hot Topics