charting data from several worksheets, excel 97

seekertom

Should be simple, but I'm lost.

I have 12 sheets, one for each month. Each sheet has one text field that gives the date, as in "JAN10", and a second money field that shows how much I paid to store1.

I want to learn how to look at the yearly picture in two ways: one, as a graph plotting dollar amount points, dollars labeled on y axis, vs time, using the date-text field as the label for each point, along the x-axis, as JAN10, etc.

Second, I want to learn how to present the same data on a new sheet within same book, that lists all 12 entries of the same info for each of the 12 dates.

so far, i can make a bar graph by adding each point manually from each sheet. But how to I get the date-text field to identify each bar? It would help me to know how to add these date labels to this bar graph. Id like to think if I got this part ok, changing graph types would be easy.

That would leave how to assemble the 12 payments and respective dates onto one new sheet, as part of the same book.

I hope this can be automated to the extent that I won't have to manually extract the data from each sheet to add to the graph or new sheet.

I don't do macros yet, but cell programming seems to work ok for me.

If you can help, I'd be so grateful.
Thanks, seekertom

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
The peltier charts page will have a lot of info, coding between 97 and much later versions have moved on considerably, so some things shown won't work as the VBA language has changed and isn't backwards compatible

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back