Check box a required field?

stafire_18

Board Regular
Im trying to change the properties of a check box to be a required field before saving a record. I change the Required="yes" but I am still allowed to save the record without having to check mark that box. I want to have to check mark it.

any ideas.?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Norie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
A checkbox has 2 values - True/False.

By setting Required to yes all you are doing is forcing the user to enter either of those values, not True which is the value when the box is checked.

stafire_18

Board Regular
that's what i gathered what was happening. do you know of any way i can get around it? maybe a value list or field list? Then just enter "NO" as the only option available so they have to select it?

MyBoo

Board Regular
Have you tried setting the Default Value of the CheckBox to Null? When the user tries to move off of that record, you can check If isnull(YourCheckbox) then .....

You may have to remove the Required = Yes at the table level for this to work properly... otherwise, the user may not be able to cancel and exit without entering something into the checkbox, which you don't want either.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluepinky