Not open for further replies.

LordSnow548

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have several check boxes within a sheet that when ticked will perform a Vlookup and return the value required, this is the formula that i have that currently works as intended

=IF(C4=TRUE,(VLOOKUP(A4,Sheet2!B2:E30,4,FALSE))

What i also want to explore is the addition of the ISBLANK function so that the if the check box is not ticked it wont show FALSE in the output cell, i also want to know if i can include the TEXTJOIN function so that when several check boxes are ticked the vlookup results populate into one cell only

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
for the first question, just add an "" as your false condition action, you don't have one.

Excel Formula:
=IF(C4=TRUE,(VLOOKUP(A4,Sheet2!B2:E30,4,FALSE),"")

Do you have TEXTJOIN in Excel 2010? Maybe you need to update your excel version in your profile?

Upvote 0
Hi, I have Textjoin in my version of Excel
and what version is that?
I don't think it is in the version you state you have on your profile:

1710949998426.png

1710949956558.png

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Vlookups return result into one cell in their own paragraphs on check box selection
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Vlookups return result into one cell in their own paragraphs on check box selection
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
If you dont like the post then delete it, better still why not delete the stupid number of sites youve got which will stop this stupid bollox of crossposting ********,.

Upvote 0
We only have one site.
I would suggest you read the rules & in future abide by them.
All sites have similar rules.

Upvote 0
We only have one site.
I would suggest you read the rules & in future abide by them.
All sites have similar rules.
If you only have one site why you bitching about cross posting then you utter nark. As for your ******** rules, I won’t abide by them.

Upvote 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back