Checkboxes Moving

YQG

Board Regular
I created a form with a number of checkboxes. I used the checkboxes from the Control Toolbox as I found them easier to size and I'm tight on space - they are no linking to anything. I created this form a few years ago and it is wide circulation throughout the company. I am now hearing that the checkboxes are moving.. when the box is checked and the user prints the form - it prints fine but then the boxes move and if it's printed again, the boxes are in the wrong place. It doesn't do this on my PC.. I've tried putting a copy on a server so both the user and I are looking at the same file... it moves for him, it's fine for me ?? The only solution I've found is to delete the control box checkboxes and use checkboxes from the forms toolbar. But, this is going to be a lot of work to change all the checkboxes on all the versions in circulation (different versions for different Provinces and specific users).

My questions are - does anyone have any idea why the Control Toolbox checkboxes are moving? Why would it be fine on my PC and move on another user? Why now? Although it may be that other users have been ignoring the checkboxes and printing and ticking them off manually, I'm still investigating that aspect. Our IT department has been unable to come up with an answer. We've tried switching from network to local printers, changing drivers, to no avail. (I have a local printer).

Sorry this is so long... I'm prepared to do the work and change all the checkboxes but I'd love to know what's going on with it!!

As always thanks for reading and thanks for any ideas you can offer.

S.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Thank you Andrew !!

I had been the the microsoft site but hadn't located this...

This is a great board....

Thanks again,

Sheila

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back