Choose printer by Ip Address - Revisited

MrCastrovinci

All,
I have the following scenerio and I have looked high and low and can not seem to find the answer. I know others on google have asked the question however mine is slightly different.

Scenerio:
We have several hundred machines which have the same two printers installed (Plus any users printers).

What I'm looking to do:
I am looking to select the printer from the IP address not by the name since every machine operator named the printer something different.
Now from what I have read you have to call it from the printer name and port name and can't do it from the ip address. Is there a way to call it from just the port name? As every machine's port name should be the same unless the NE0x comes into play, which I have also read changes per machine. Is there a way to look at what printer is color and only print to that? I don't care what color printer (their desktop or central printer) I just need to make sure its color (for safety of results) This is automated through a macro so there won't be any intervention by the user, thus making the box to select what printer also not a good option.

:confused:
MrCastrovinci

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back