Column settings anomaly in not being able to edit.

xarzu

Microsoft Lists are part of Microsoft Power Automated Flows.

If you want to automate the loading of an excel file or csv file, you are probably going to want your Microsoft Power Automate to load this data in a List.

So I think it is important that I figure out how to fix something that I have found.

Here is how I found this strange thing. I have a flow that does not work and, in the process of debugging this flow, a simpler flow has been made THAT DOES WORK. So, logically, if I slowly, step by step, compare the two and gradually make changes to the one that works, I will be able to find the bug. The problem is, in the process of carefully looking at the one that does not work, I found something. I have been categorizing the column types in the main List in SharePoint and I am unable to see the details of the column by clicking on "Edit".

Here, I will show you. the column called "Total Time" has an edit menu option. This allows me to see the specifics of the column data setting.

Column-01.png

The column in the List that if for "Employee ID" is mysteriously missing the Edit menu option. What would cause this anomaly and how can it be fixed?

Column-02-Employee-ID.png

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I figured this out. That column is the primary index of the list and should not be altered so much that it will fail.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:
Why is the "Edit" menu option missing from some of my Column headings in my Microsoft List?

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:
Why is the "Edit" menu option missing from some of my Column headings in my Microsoft List?

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
OK. I will comply.

But, at the same time, isn't it a good idea to get different opinions on a topic?

Why is it against the rules?

Upvote 0
If you read the rules as requested you will understand. You will also see that it is not against the rules to do it, as long as you provide the links.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back