Please help me figure out the origins of the blank rows of my Microsoft List

xarzu

Please help me figure out the origins of the blank rows of my Microsoft List.

I have been testing a Microsoft Automated Flow that reads data from a CSV. To begin with, the flow is supposed to try to find a corresponding match in the "Title" column (so that the Title in a row in the List matches the Title in a row in the CSV file). When this happens, the corresponding row in the List is updated with the row information in the CSV file.

Now, here is the problem, there are now blank rows in the LIST. I do not understand how this could happen. I have seen in the past a situation where a CSV file can have a blank row from a edit mistake in EXCEL. When this happens, if you edit the CSV file in a text editor, you will see a row of commas depicting a row of blank cells. But I checked each CSV file I have used in my tests and none of them have one of these rows.

So what is going on here and how can I fix it? What could be causing these blank rows in my List?

blank-rows.PNG

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If the CSV file is opened in a text file, I can put the cursor on the line after the last line. Maybe there is an issue with representing the return character '/r'. But there is more.

I looked up another flow that I had worked on and found this:

something-to-try-to-remove-blank-line.png

This flow has a filter which takes the output from a previous step and filters out a line that equals to nothing.

But the flow I am wanting to apply this do does not have a previous step of converting the CSV to an array. The logic of my new flow is different.

new-logic.png

Where can I insert logic where a blank line is ignored?

If I investigate this flow that has completed a run, I see this which is an indication that the new line was read into the flow:

line-found.png

if there is not a way to filter that out, there is the next line:

another-place.png

Please help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back