Combine 2 formulas in one cell (w/out nesting too many functions)

EAH

=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(D8,$N$8:$N$71))=FALSE,VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE),0)

=
IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D8,'Prod''n DL'!$A$2:$C$638,3,0)>0)=FALSE,E8*$B$1/VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$B$5,2,FALSE),0)

I would like to combine these two formulas into one cell, but I do not want them to be added together. Instead, I would like the answer to the first formula OR the answer to the second formula. I am in excel '03.

The gist of what I'm trying to accomplish: if the number in a cell in Column D is in array N8:N71, then vlookup the amount of the charge. If it is not in N8:N71, then look in Prod'n DL A2:C638. If the number is in this array and Cloumn 3 is greater than 0, then vlookup the amount of the charge.

I really hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(D8,$N$8:$N$71))=FALSE,VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE),IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D8,'Prod''n DL'!$A$2:$C$638,3,0)>0)=FALSE,E8*$B$1/VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$B$5,2,FALSE),0))

That is the nest of your formulas but I would probably do it differently. Rather than testing for errors, test for existance.

Something like:

If(Countif(range,value)>0,Formula when exists,if(Countif(range2,Value2)>0,Formula when second exists,0))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you!! Still looking at your second formula there (takes me a while- excel skills not the best), but the first one works great. :)

Upvote 0
Maybe this?

=If(countif($N$8:$N$71,D8)>0,VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$C$5,3,0),if(countif('Prod''n DL'!$A$2:$C$638,D8)>0,E8*$B$1/VLOOKUP(E8,$A$2:$B$5,2,0),0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back