Combine Duplicate Data Into One Row and Add Column Data

AcornNut

Board Regular
Hello. I know this topic has been discussed in other posts, but every time I try to modify the codes I cannot get it to work.

I have a supply order form where column D has the name of each item and columns H (used), I (expired), J (damaged), and L (new) have the numbers that need to be ordered for that item.
My inventory sheet is laid out by location where each item is kept, but a single item type might be kept in multiple locations. I have a code that looks through the locations and when it finds something needs to be ordered, it populates my order form with the correct number in the correct column.

For example... I have item "x" is kept in 2 different locations.
Location #1 has 5 of this item, and 1 is used, leaving only 4. The code reads 1 missing, adds "Item X" in column D of the order form and a "1" in column H (used).
Location #2 also has 5 of this item, but 1 is used and 2 are expiring. The code will add this to a different row on the order form, again adding "Item X" in column D of the order form and a "1" in column H (used), and a "2" in column I (expired).

I need the code to consolidate the duplicate items in column D, and add the totals for each column (one row for item X with a "2" in column H (used) and a "2" in column I (expired).

Ideally, this would be checked each time the code goes to add an item to the order form, that way duplicate rows won't have to be deleted.
As a curve ball, the length of the order form may change. Currently, the row range is 24 to 53 by default. But if more rows are needed, then the code automatically adds the rows and inserts the data. See below for my "Fill Order" code (maybe it'll help you understand what it's doing)...

If this "duplication check" has to be completed once the below code has run, then fine, but that seems like it would be long and drawn out. Ideally, the search and sums would happen while the code below is running, but it's not a "make-or-break" thing for me.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
And thanks in advance!
Using Excel 2016

Code:
Sub fillorder1()   Dim finalrow As Long
   Dim i As Integer
   Dim ExpDate As Date
   Dim lastRow As Long, NextRow As Long
   Dim Flg As Boolean

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Number_1 = 1
    Number_2 = Cells(6, 4)

NextRow = 54
    lastRow = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B22").End(xlDown).Row + 1
    finalrow = Sheets("Location").Range("B9").End(xlDown).Row
    ExpDate = Date + 30

Flg = True
    For i = 9 To finalrow
        If Flg And lastRow > 53 Then
            Rows(NextRow).Insert
            Rows(53).Copy
            Rows(NextRow).PasteSpecial xlFormats
            lastRow = NextRow
            NextRow = NextRow + 1
        End If
        Flg = False
        If (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) <> "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) = "") Then
            Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 1).Copy
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 2).Copy
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12).Copy
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 5).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastRow = lastRow + 1
            Flg = True
        ElseIf (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) = "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) <> "") Then
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13).Copy
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 6).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastRow = lastRow + 1
            Flg = True
        ElseIf (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) <> "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) <> "") Then
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 5).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Offset(0, 6).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastRow = lastRow + 1
            Flg = True
        End If

Next i

lastRow = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B24").End(xlDown).Row + 1
        If Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastRow).Row > 53 Then
            Rows(lastRow).Delete
        End If
   Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I've got something that I think is on the right track, but I cannot get it to work. If I start with a blank supply order form, then the code just "spins its wheels" and does nothing. If there's data already there with duplicates, then does what I need it to, but doesn't delete every row (it leaves one set of rows moved more to the bottom of the table. Very strange. Any thoughts on how to clean this up?

Code:
Sub fillorder1()
   Dim finalrow As Long
   Dim i As Integer
   Dim ExpDate As Date
   Dim lastrow As Long, NextRow As Long
   Dim Flg As Boolean
   Dim LR As Long
   Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Number_1 = 1
    Number_2 = Cells(6, 4)
    LR = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B24").End(xlDown).Row
    NextRow = 54
    lastrow = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B22").End(xlDown).Row + 1
    finalrow = Sheets("Location").Range("B9").End(xlDown).Row
    ExpDate = Date + 30

Flg = True
    For i = 9 To finalrow
        If Flg And lastrow > 53 Then
            Rows(NextRow).Insert
            Rows(53).Copy
            Rows(NextRow).PasteSpecial xlFormats
            lastrow = NextRow
            NextRow = NextRow + 1
        End If
        Flg = False
        If (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) <> "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) = "") Then
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 5).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastrow = lastrow + 1
            Flg = True
        ElseIf (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) = "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) <> "") Then
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 6).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastrow = lastrow + 1
            Flg = True
        ElseIf (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 12) <> "") And (Sheets("Location").Cells(i, 13) <> "") Then
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 5).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
                Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Offset(0, 6).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
            lastrow = lastrow + 1
            Flg = True
        End If
    Next i

Flg = True
For x = LR To 24 Step -1
    For y = 24 To LR
        If Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(x, 2).Value = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(y, 2).Value And x > y Then
           Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(y, 8).Value = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(x, 8).Value + Cells(y, 8).Value
           Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(y, 9).Value = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(x, 9).Value + Cells(y, 9).Value
           Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(y, 10).Value = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(x, 10).Value + Cells(y, 10).Value
           Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(y, 12).Value = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(x, 12).Value + Cells(y, 12).Value
        Rows(x).EntireRow.ClearContents
        Exit For
        End If
    Next y
Next x
Flg = True

lastrow = Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B24").End(xlDown).Row + 1
        If Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Range("B" & lastrow).Row > 53 Then
            Rows(lastrow).Delete
        End If

If Range("C9") = "" Then
    UserForm3.Show
    End If

If Range("F9") = "" Then
    UserForm4.Show
    End If
   Sheets("Supply Usage Form").Cells(6, 4).Value = Number_2 + Number_1

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back