Combine multiple csv files by rows number

Enna

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have multiple about 300 csv files (each have different headings and the number of records is the same -about 80,000), how can I combine all those 300 csv files by row numbers and make one final csv file with about 80,000 records and all the variables from each 300 files using VBA? Thank you

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I have multiple about 300 csv files (each have different headings and the number of records is the same -about 80,000), how can I combine all those 300 csv files by row numbers and make one final csv file with about 80,000 records and all the variables from each 300 files using VBA? Thank you
you can sent for me 2 or 3 file?

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
Looking for common fields that would allow a merger of data. Don't see one. Pictures are kind of worhtless as the data cannot be manipulated. You would be better served by uploading your sample data using XL2BB (see my signature) and be sure to include a mocked up solution so we understand completely your isseue.

Upvote 0
Can we use patient_id?
All csv files (sorry there are 10), have patient_id.

Upvote 0
Don't see any Patient ID noted in either picture. Care to identify for us? What about an upload we can work with?

Upvote 0
Don't see any Patient ID noted in either picture. Care to identify for us? What about an upload we can work with?
Redcap ID is the id -it would be in the first column of each csv file. Sorry, my excel does not support mini excel version. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
I see no ID in the Capture1.png -- since you are not showing us a workable file, I will offer up this video so that you can do this on your own. I am out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back