Combining an IF and XLOOKUP Formula

keepontruckinc4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am trying to create a formula that will allow me to combine two different formulas we want to use. Ideally, we want to give a grade to a media outlet based on its circulation, but have 4 exceptions that would have low circulation but still be given the higher grade.

the two grades are "P" for priority" and "G" for general. The two formulas we are currently using are...

=XLOOKUP(B7,MediaGrades!A:A,MediaGrades!B:B)

Which gives the outlet a score based off what we have listed on a different tab and then...

=IF(Q5<500000,"G","P")

which just does it based on the circulation

How could I combine these two so all outlets are given a "P" or "G" based on their circulation except for the 5 we have on the =XLOOKUP MediaGrade tab which should be given a score based on what is listed there regardless of their circulation.

Is that event possible? Please and thank you!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the forum.
You haven't provided a lot of information to help the forum help you very effectively. But here is a stab at it.

Base on your information I have no idea how to handle the 5 outliers.
And from your post, I can only guess that Q5 has the formula: =XLOOKUP(B7,MediaGrades!A:A,MediaGrades!B:B)
And I have no idea where you want the update formula of: =IF(Q5<500000,"G","P")

But here is my guess as to the updated formula, excluding the 5 items you want handled differently.
Excel Formula:
IF(XLOOKUP(B7,MediaGrades!A:A,MediaGrades!B:B>50000,"G","P")

My guess as to how to handle the 5 items and the above in one formula:

Excel Formula:
=IF('conditional test to find the 5 values','the value calculated', IF(XLOOKUP(B7,MediaGrades!A:A,MediaGrades!B:B>50000,"G","P"))

If these are wrong, then please use the xl2bb add in (link below) to post a sanitized sample of your formulas and data from the two worksheets. Providing expected values would be a big help as well. If you cannot use the add in, then please paste the data in tables (label row and column headers please). The less the forum has to guess or recreate the scenario the more and faster help you'll get.

thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back