Combining Excel Custom Views into one -

mikeyank

Hello,

Three of my users (Amanda, Beth, and Rose) have a shared spreadsheet file. It is a large file with 30 tabs and ton of information.

Last week they took 10 tabs each and did their edits. Whatever data three of them entered or edited, got saved and shows up on each computer when they open it. HOWEVER, whatever rows or columns each one of them set to be hidden does not show for each of them. Instead, those changes were saved in Custom Views. So, now there are custom view for each use, and you can toggle between each view and see what cells each one of them hid. If you click "Amanda Custom Views", you can see hidden rows in first 10 tabs that Amanda was working on, but remaining columns and rows appear unchanged in Beth's and Rose's tabs. If you click "Beth Custom Views, you can see Beth's hidden columns and rows, but Amanda's no longer appear hidden. I need to combine these views before it can be sent to a client. How can I do that?

IF I can not do that, what should they do in the future to avoid this issue?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back