Combining New Information

vmpage

Board Regular
Hello! I need some help with combining information.

I download a spreadsheet weekly, and need to know how to add the new information to the existing spreadsheet (ie this week I will pull everything, and want anything that is new to be added to the existing worksheet).

What would be the best way of accomplishing this?

Thank you in advance!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Steph77

Board Regular
Will the new information only be in the form of brand new full rows of information, or could there be updates within "old" rows that you also want to include as being new information?

vmpage

Board Regular
Will the new information only be in the form of brand new full rows of information, or could there be updates within "old" rows that you also want to include as being new information?

Oh, I didn't think of that.

Yes, the old info would have new information added.

Basically, my system generated a number and when that is responded to, I get a new control number and an answer. So I would be adding new info that only has the preliminary number as well as updating the existing info to add the new control number and answer.

Thank you!!

Steph77

Board Regular
I might be missing the point then, but why not simply copy all the information in and overwrte the old information?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sng