ComboBox1 Change Event PLS HELP!

willard8

I have a comboxbox on a userform. When I open the project from my computer everything opens and works as it should. If I save the file to a shared drive and open it on another computer I get an error when trying to change the date within the combobox. The error message says "Compile Error: Can't find project or library". My code is: (apologize my html editor isn't working)

HTML:
Private Sub Combobox1_Change()
ComboBox1.Value = Format(ComboBox1.Value, "mm/dd/yyyy")
End Sub

Any suggestions would be greatly appreicated!

Will

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
You need to open the workbook on the computer where it doesn't work, then open the VBEditor, select Tools-References and look for any selected items that have 'MISSING:' at the start of their name.

Upvote 0
On a different computer I'm getting "MISSING: Microsoft Web Components 11.0". When I un-check the Missing component whether it be McHugh's or the Web Components, save the file, and then re-open it works perfectly. Why would something different be missing on each computer that would cause the userform to have issues?

Upvote 0
Not all computers have the same things installed. Since the references are saved with the workbook, you can get this sort of issue. If, as it appears, the workbook does not require the references, just remove them and save and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoniJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back