Commission Tracking

POSProphet

I need help tracking commission on a recurring basis, but also on a sliding scale based on the month.

I've been struggling with this for two weeks now, and have only come up with a temporary "just to get by" spreadsheet. I'm at my wit's end and now only dream in formulas, tables and variables. I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge and experience can help me get to a positive place with this.

Let me explain the commission structure.
A salesman sells item to customer at a monthly fee. Salesman gets 50% of the monthly fee for the first 12 months. Salesman gets 25% of the monthly fee for the next 24 months.

What I need the spreadsheet to do:
- Track all recurring commission amounts by month.
- Spreadsheets should be divided up by year (2009, 2010, 2011, etc) with tabs along the bottom for each month.

Issues I’m experiencing:
- How to know when commission amount changes after 12 and 36 months without making a note or setting up the commission spreadsheets 3 years in advance.
- Some monthly fees are only paid by the customer for 8 or 6 months, but commission needs to be paid every month.
- If a customer does not pay or cancels the monthly fee, commission paid out must end.

If it will help, I would be happy to send anyone the spreadsheet I have now and maybe it can just be improved??

Any help or guidance would be appreciated more than you know!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rdeane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back