Comparing Dates across cells through many columns

burgsrus

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
This is what I have so far, and it is a total mess. Mainly because I really don't want to use either TODAY or NOW but I can't come up with something else. I'm mostly a formula newb - I can do basic stuff and figure out what I have done wrong. This is what I have so far:

=IFS(OR(AND(ISDATE(O100),(EDATE(NOW(),-12<=S100), (EDATE(NOW(),-12<=P100)), (EDATE(NOW(),-12<=Q100)), (EDATE(NOW(),-12<=R100))))), "True", "False")

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
what is the second test for your ifs? and with ifs you dont need a true and false, just a true for each test
1715001201818.png

what is the second part for your or?
1715001223433.png

Upvote 0
If the intent is to see if O100 is a date and all of S, P, Q, R are all greater than or equal to today minus 12 mths then something like the below will get you close.
Excel Formula:
=LET(keyDate,EDATE(TODAY(),-12),
            IF(AND(ISNUMBER(O100),
                             keyDate<=S100,
                             keyDate<=P100,
                             keyDate<=Q100,
                             keyDate<=R100), "True", "False"))
I would take TODAY out of the formula and put it in a cell and refer to that cell. It will make it easier to test and override the date when you need to.
There is no IsDate in the Excel Functions, IsNumber will get you part way there. The next step would be to give a date range that you would consider could be used to validate the date.

Upvote 0
If the intent is to see if O100 is a date and all of S, P, Q, R are all greater than or equal to today minus 12 mths then something like the below will get you close.
Excel Formula:
=LET(keyDate,EDATE(TODAY(),-12),
            IF(AND(ISNUMBER(O100),
                             keyDate<=S100,
                             keyDate<=P100,
                             keyDate<=Q100,
                             keyDate<=R100), "True", "False"))
I would take TODAY out of the formula and put it in a cell and refer to that cell. It will make it easier to test and override the date when you need to.
There is no IsDate in the Excel Functions, IsNumber will get you part way there. The next step would be to give a date range that you would consider could be used to validate the date.
So, Alex I think I did not explain my thought process correctly. So, what I'm trying to do is check to see if there are any dates in column O. Then column P, Q, R are not mandatory, but if someone has input something in the last 12 months into those, I want to know about it. Column S is mandatory within the last 12 months. I will then need to drag the formula down to a few hundred other fields. That is why I was fooling with the OR/AND mess. I also have figured out I can use ISNUMBER for the O field.

Upvote 0
So, Alex I think I did not explain my thought process correctly. So, what I'm trying to do is check to see if there are any dates in column O. Then column P, Q, R are not mandatory, but if someone has input something in the last 12 months into those, I want to know about it. Column S is mandatory within the last 12 months. I will then need to drag the formula down to a few hundred other fields. That is why I was fooling with the OR/AND mess. I also have figured out I can use ISNUMBER for the O field.
Alex - thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to modify your code and get it working!!

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it helped. If you want to post your final formula you can mark it as the solution and it may help others.

Upvote 0
Sure thing. This is how I changed your code to get what I wanted:

=Let(KeyDate, EDATE(TODAY(),-12), IF(OR(ISNUMBER(O100), KeyDate<=P100, KeyDate<=Q100, KeyDate<=R100, (AND(KeyDate<=S100))), "True", "False"))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back