Comparing Existing Data to Create Possibilities

ShirayukiSama97

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet in Excel that I have created to help me with potion creation in Skyrim. I took the time to list all ingredients available in the game (including all new ingredients from the anniversary edition) and the four effects each ingredient can have. I want to create a tool where I can input up to three ingredients from a list and the output would be the resulting potion with effects. The way potion creation works is by picking at least two, up to three, ingredients and create a potion. If the ingredients share effects, it creates either a potion or poison with those effects, otherwise it is a failed potion. Essentially, I want to create a tool in Excel that will allow me to input ingredients and get the possible potions results to save potion ingredients. I have created the lists, but I'm not sure how to go about creating the tool I mentioned. I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet in Excel that I have created to help me with potion creation in Skyrim. I took the time to list all ingredients available in the game (including all new ingredients from the anniversary edition) and the four effects each ingredient can have. I want to create a tool where I can input up to three ingredients from a list and the output would be the resulting potion with effects. The way potion creation works is by picking at least two, up to three, ingredients and create a potion. If the ingredients share effects, it creates either a potion or poison with those effects, otherwise it is a failed potion. Essentially, I want to create a tool in Excel that will allow me to input ingredients and get the possible potions results to save potion ingredients. I have created the lists, but I'm not sure how to go about creating the tool I mentioned. I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

If your ingredients and effects are in columns A to E then the below gives duplicated effects in O3, formulas for each cell in red, enter ingredients into cell I2 ,I3 and / or I4

Edit --- note R7 has a space entered in the cell used in the concatenate to separate words

1701950644387.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back