Xlookup, Vlookup and/or VBA for finding, matching and inputting data to separate sheet

AlfredDB

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a unique use case so please let me explain.

I'm building an xlsx sheet that is used to upload products to eBay via their bulk upload CSV tool.
I have various data validation rules, VLOOKUP and CONCAT formulas set up that are making some of the sheet work.
The area I need help with is mapping manufacturer part numbers to eBay EPIDs.
Ideally, I would love to scrape or access vehicle fitment databases online and connect them to excel but this is outside of my wheelhouse.
As a result of this I find myself manually matching part numbers to eBay EPIDs.

The data in the image below is on a separate sheet called MVL Data.
As you can see there are multiple part numbers that are similar to one single EPID per row.
When I have mapped all part numbers to EPIDs there may be 400+ part number columns.

Image 1 .JPG

The below data is on a sheet called Listing Sheet.
When I fill out the listing sheet with item details I would like to have the corresponding EPIDs automatically added to the Product: EPID column when I input a part number that matches against an EPID.
The aim is to remove the manual task of finding all the matching EPIDs amongst the 80,000 row MVL Data sheet and manually adding them to the listing sheet.
The image below shows the end result of this task.

Image 2.JPG

Furthermore, the eBay documentation is rather vague, so I'm not exactly sure if it will accept the Product: EPID column.
I do know it will accept the relationship details columns.
Therefore, instead of adding the EPIDs to a column when adding a part number, I could instead add the Relationship Details column from the MVL Data sheet (viewable in the first image).
See the image below for what this looks like when performed manually.

Image 4.JPG

In summary,
I'm unsure what formulas to use in order to get the data from the MVL sheet into the listing sheet upon inputting a part number.
Does anyone have any ideas or solutions, my Vlookup or Xlookup solutions to this problem seem useless?
I'm a real noob at this stuff so don't know if it's possible via formulas or if VBA is required in order to add the data and add new rows????
All and any help is greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance,
Alfred

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back