Complex Chart need. Suggestions Urgently Required

NatetheGreat

Hello,

I am going to do my best at explaining my needs here.

I have 8 percentage values, all of which represent the percentage of times a value occurs within a certain range on a number line. I want to plot both the number line AND the percentage columns on the same chart. I suspect I may need to plot the number line (single axis line chart) as a transparent 2nd chart on top of the percentage columns chart.

Are there any other suggestions anyone has? Ideally I would prefer to avoid the transparent 2nd chart approach as things do nto line up properly. Ideally I would have everything on one chart so that the percentage bars/columns would be Underneath/Over the part of the number line that they pertain to.

e.g. In a simple case if I have number line of 1-25 and I have 2 column/bar, one of which is product A and is 12% (that is 12% of the time this product falls between 1 and 7) and another column/bar which is Product B and is 66% (that is 66% of the time this product falls between 20-23) then I would want the column/bar for product A underneath the numberline between 1 and 7 and correspondingly the product b column underneath the numberline between 20-23

I don't know if that makes sense. I hope it does. Please help!!!

Hello Again Peter,

Thanks very much for your assistance on this. I have input some values in the cells F1-F41 and I am very satisified with this result. What the horizontal line represents is the spectrum. I.e. The spread number line. Now that the horizontal line is plotted with the percentage column bars, one can see when concentrations of a certain value... buys/sells etc occur on the extremes of the spectrum.

This is very helpful for my analysis. Thank you !

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karenmccabe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back