How To Create a Gauge-Style Doughnut Chart that Includes Negative & Greater than 100% Numbers

NTLKnight

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I need to create a gauge-style doughnut Chart that not only shows the 0% - 100% range, but that will also show ranges that fall below 0%, or that go over 100%.

By following tutorials on YT, I've made gauge-style doughnut charts that look like this...
02.png

...and different charts that combine 2 doughnuts to look like this... (combining 2 tutorials)
01.png

As much as I like the chart above with the 100 slices, the solid-fill chart works best for the spreadsheet I'm working on since I have to reduce the size down to very small (and the slices don't show up very clear when zoomed down so small), since I need to visually see up to 23 charts (one for each day of the month) on a single sheet, like this...
03.png

These doughnut charts are rotated to a 270 degree angle and the 0% - 100% values work fine, but when given a value of minus 0%, the gauge doesn't work properly (rather than the gauge going the opposite direction, it fills part of the gauge...in the same direction as it would when a positive number is given. And when a value of greater than 100% is given, it doesn't go beyond the 100% level.

In order to visually describe what I'm trying to achieve, I've created in Photoshop what I need the chart to do, I hope that's OK.

Here is a picture of the chart (no Photoshop) that works perfectly fine when no value less than 0% or greater than 100% is given. (The inner (purple) doughnut represents the "daily target" which is always going to occupy the 0%-100% range, since that never changes.. The outer (blue) doughnut represents the "actual" figure...and this figure will very often be either a negative value, or a value greater than 100%)...
04.png

Here is a Photoshop'ed picture...showcasing what I would like the outer doughnut (the "actual" value) to look like when a negative value is given to it...
08.png

And here is another Photoshop'ed picture...showcasing what I would like the outer doughnut (the "actual" value) to look like when a value greater than 100% is given to it...
09.png

Thank you so much for your time! I would appreciate any help in being able to create this gauge chart that allows for negative values and values over 100%.

Kind Regards,
Nathan

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back