CONCATENATE

Sufiyan97

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to =CONCATENATE 'Column I' occurring of next number in 'Column H' as per attached picture expected result in 'Column J'

Attachments

• Concacnate.PNG
    Concacnate.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 23

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
What office are you running? Office 365?

Upvote 0
If you are using Office 365, you can use this formula... The only part of this formula that requires Office 365 is TEXTJOIN. I noticed how you wanted spaces in between each thing, so TEXTJOIN is the best formula for this scenario. The part where it says "ROW(),2)" the 2 means column B.

Code:
=IF(A1<>"",TEXTJOIN(" ",TRUE,OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),2)),0,0,IFERROR(MATCH(A1,A2:A108,0),1+COUNTA(A2:A108)))),"")

Snag_1a4adb6d.png

Upvote 0
If not running Office 365, what's the alternative?

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?
Please update your account details to show this, as it affects what functions you can use. Thanks

Upvote 0
2016 - now updated (Apologies to alidurfani for hijacking your thread but interested in the answer for my own purposes)

Upvote 0
Thanks for updating your profile.
With 2016, you would be better off with a UDF or macro, as you don't have the TextJoin function.
If you need that, then you will have to start a thread of your own.

Upvote 0
If you are using Office 365, you can use this formula... The only part of this formula that requires Office 365 is TEXTJOIN. I noticed how you wanted spaces in between each thing, so TEXTJOIN is the best formula for this scenario. The part where it says "ROW(),2)" the 2 means column B.

Code:
=IF(A1<>"",TEXTJOIN(" ",TRUE,OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),2)),0,0,IFERROR(MATCH(A1,A2:A108,0),1+COUNTA(A2:A108)))),"")

View attachment 21518

Thank you very much for your help.

I am using office 2016 so don't have TEXTJOIN function, if possible can you please provide solution with CONCATENATE or other which support in office 2016 if there is any?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back