condition formatting

Puggwash

Board Regular
can I condition format cells that are not joined together in a worksheet when I enter a figure.
Lets say I have 280 cells and cell 1 is D6 and it goes down to Cell 40 = D48. Cell 41 = G6 to Cell 80 = G48. Cell 81 = J6 down to Cell 120 = J48.

How do i condition the cells so the colour changes when I enter a figure to represent the amount of boxes I need?

now I have done this how do i do the following, each cell is = to 135 so the value in A1 (say 10,000) = 74 cells to colour and leave me the remainder. i have tried to apply but it does not work for me. Any help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
now I have done this how do i do the following, each cell is = to 135 so the value in A1 (say 10,000) = 74 cells to colour and leave me the remainder. i have tried to apply but it does not work for me. Any help.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I have worked out how to format all the cells I have asked about but have an error.
As said befoe each cell = 135 so the total in A1 dictates the Qty of cells I need to colour. What happens if (lets say) A1 = 2000. this should be 14 cells coloured and leave me with the remainder of 110 but my cells colour 15 cells.
Do I need to rounddown or do something with them to get the right amount of cells.

Upvote 0
2000/135=14.8. Rounded gives 15 so that may explain that.
Why not set A1 to "=INT(B1/135)" and put 2000 in cell B1.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back