Conditional Format help please

chef

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Hi there
I am trying to find a resolution in light of my organisation disabling VBA macros and wont allow me the unblock feature so causing a few operational issues and a real pain.
In this case I have a range of cells from c13 to c200 with employee numbers. I am wanting to be able to click on any one of these cells and have the background color and font to change to help user identify number clearer.
Is this possible without VBA. I have tried a helper col in B to try and enter a 1 indicator but cant get that to work either.
Any help would be appreciated and I am sure quite a few users will be frustrated with having macros disabled if organisation policy

regards
Ian

One last thing: You could use my conditional formatting rule without VBA but you would have to hit F9 to update the highlighting.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I would make the modest suggestion that a link to the rules could be added in the navigation such that you can get to the rules from the top menus of any page.
I will pass the suggestion on for consideration.

Upvote 0
thank you for all your help and sorry if I caused any agnst.
I guess my biggest bugbear is having macros disabled as files are already on a secure network with controlled access. Progress huh

Upvote 0
sorry if I caused any agnst.
You have nothing to apologise for. :)

I guess my biggest bugbear is having macros disabled ...
I can understand that but not much we can do about it of course. :(

I will pass the suggestion on for consideration.
Not sure if you had noticed, but it has been implemented. It is available under the Forums menu.

1700427430704.png

If you have scrolled down the page then use the drop-down arrow that then appears next to 'Forums'

1700427505143.png

Thanks for the suggestion. (y)

Upvote 0
Wow, that is a pleasant surprise. On another Excel forum that I won't name ;), when I make a suggestion they begin ignoring it immediately :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back