Conditional Formatting: How to set deadlines using weekdays

livinlavidaloca

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi guys,

I've been trying to work this out for over a month! I have a spreadsheet that includes due dates for certain stages of a complaint.

Stage 1 must be actioned within 5 days of the due date, Stage 2 must be actioned within 10 days, Stage 3 is 30 days and Stage 4 is 56 days. The days need to exclude weekends and I've been tasked with making the cells change colours when the due date is nearing or overdue.

Currently I've been trialling these formulas within the <5 days stage: '=F6-TODAY()<=5' (No Formatting), '=F6-TODAY()<=3' (Yellow), '=F6-TODAY()<=5' (RED).

Then the 'Actioned' column has a formula that turns the date green once actioned and 'YES' is inputted into the next column.
I used the formula '=IF(G6="YES", TRUE,FALSE)' but even though I've made this apply to the G column, the G column still seems to go red, even with conditional formatting which specifies 'YES' as green.

I've also tried the '=WEEKDAY(F6)=5' but this doesn't appear to work, unless I'm using it wrong?

I've attached my rules and my spreadsheet (sorry, for some reason I couldn't attach it as the Mini-sheet)

Would anyone know a solution for this? I will be eternally grateful. :)

Attachments

• Rules applied.png
    Rules applied.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Mr Excel.png
    Mr Excel.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 24

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi!

The order of rules in that list sets priority. I would move that rule up higher in the list with the carrot arrows in the top navigation bar. I suggest you move it above the rule that sets the red color. I also think you may want to remove the "Stop if true". That cause a hiccup too.

Hope this works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back