Conditional Formatting off by one row in one column

REHABGUY1960

I have a spreadsheet that I have been using for about a year and a half with no issues. It has conditional formatting for the whole row to highlight yellow based on the date in one column or go red based on the date in another column. The red date has the stop if true checked. I have made no changes to the formatting or any forumulas. I have deleted and inserted some rows. Now, when I open the spreadsheet, the row is highlighted correctly except for column B, which is now applying the correct color, but it is applying it one row below where it needs to be.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
It sounds like the Conditional Formatting is off by a row.
For example, if you selected rows 1:100 and then wrote the CF Formula to first reference row 2, you would be off one row.
When applying Conditional Formatting to a multi-cell range, you always write the formula as it pertains to the very first cell in your selection. Excel is smart enough to adjust it for the other cells, provided you have use Absolute/Relative referencing correctly in your formulas (see: Cell References in Excel - EASY Excel Tutorial).

I would recommend removing the current CF rules, and set it up again.

Upvote 0
That fixed it. I still don't understand exactly what happened to be off by one row but just in one column. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.

Sometimes I have seen multi-cell CF formulas broken up piece-meal, and maybe the cell referencing wasn't quite right in one of them.
They can often be confusing to look at when they are like that, and I think it is usually easier to zap them all the rebuild them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back